Sunday, August 26, 2007

Hey Girls!!! I have been meaning to post my happenings on here for a while, but I was kinda lost in how to do so. Luckily I saved the first email Jenna sent out about the blog and was able to follow her meticulous instructions.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All is well with Shannon. I have been doing good and keeping busy. This summer has been spent mostly working (which I hate…but we’ll get to that later), volunteering at This Is The Place, catching up on some reading and just doing nothing!!! Nothing too exciting in the way of traveling this summer but hopefully I will find someplace great to go for Fall break. I am still working at the hospital, which I don’t like. The management recently changed and they are making life pretty miserable and to be honest I just want a normal job where I don’t have to work nights, weekends, or holidays. If you hear of anything in Utah that you think I might like let me know! This Is The Place was a lot fun but I was glad when it was done, spending the day in two petti-coats, a dress, and a bonnet all day it sure does get hot! Here are a few pictures from my summer…

The Little Pioneer

This is the open prairie of This is the Place

Just a little Looming..(Bring back any memories?)

Some Bread anyone?

So as summer ends, school begins, I’m taking my last few classes to finally graduate with my associates, its been a long road but I guess it dosen’t matter how long it takes you to get there, but that you get there. So after that who knows what, I am thinking about going to either the U or USU for my bachelors in Sociology. What about Nursing you ask? Well after doing allot of soul searching and praying I've decided that Nursing isn't for me. It has taken me a long time to come to this point cause its what I've wanted to do ever since I can remember! But I know that Heavenly Father has a plan and I am doing my best to put my trust in him and have faith that everything will work out. Its no secret that I LOVE Church History It would be my dream to work in the church history department for the church so I have decided to go in to Sociology. I talked with someone in the Church History Department and they said that Sociology or History is there recommended major for someone who wanted to pursue that kind of field. Then they told me that they have internships for students in between their graduation and starting graduate school. You have to have a Masters in Library Science to work there, basically what a Masters in Library Science is learning how to Archive, Catalog and Research methods. So that's the road I'm on. As exciting as it is, it’s easy to get overwhelmed by the thought of it all so I’m just taking it one step at a time.
So I have been thinking that it’s about time for another edition of the Nauvoo Nine Newsletter. So If I could have your updates and pictures by September 14th that would be great! I love you all and can’t wait to hear from ya!

1 comment:

Rohatinsky Family said...

Shannon-
I love looking at your pictures. you look so adorable in all of them and are a true pioneer at heart. I bet it was fun but good to be back to real life afterwards. By the way, thanks for the book recommendation. One of my friends from church said she LOVED that book. I'll have to give it a whirl once I find the local library. I'm a little scared to go out alone...so Josh and I will have to venture out there. Anyhow, you look great- love ya lots
-jena